- 11-Feb-2011: Release 0.9.7: Finally the complete non-blocking (async) parser interface!
- 11-Oct-2010: Release 0.9.6: Build refactoring: Maven, jar is OSGi bundle
- 01-Sep-2010: Big changes happening; sources moving to Github, licensing simplified to use Apache License 2.0. And eventually this page will be closed as FasterXML has the new home.
- 20-Mar-2009: Release 0.9.5: Minor change; the only visible thing is that classes are now under com.fasterxml.aalto package.
- 04-Feb-2009: Release 0.9.4: Complete Stax 1.0 (API, feature set) implementation: now includes coalescing mode and namespace-repairing stream writers!
- Licensing clarified as GPL or for-fee commercial license (see 'Licensing' section for more.
- 21-Jan-2009: Release 0.9.3: complete Typed Access API (with official stax2-api-3.0.0 jar), bug fixes. Licensing clarified as GPL or for-fee commercial license (contact "email@example.com" for details on latter!)
- 13-Mar-2008: Release 0.9.2: bug fixes, implemented Stax 2 (v3.0) Typed Access API (at level comparable to Woodstox 3.9.2)
- 13-Mar-2008: Release 0.9.1: minor fixes, improvements, non-blocking (async) parser getting more complete.
- 21-Feb-2008: Fixed a small but important typo in Usage section below -- property names were wrong (thanks Lowell!)
- 05-Feb-2008: Hacked together this home page, including downloadable
Aalto XML processor is a next-generation Stax XML processor implementation.
It is not directly related to other existing mature implementations
(such as Woodstox or
Sun Java Streaming Xml Parser),
although it did come about as a prototype for evaluating implementation
strategies that differ from those traditionally used for Java-based parsers.